7-8 June 2018, Geneva, Switzerland
Intersessionals Meetings, June 2018, Geneva, Switzerland © ICBL
The Mine Ban Treaty’s intersessional meetings took place on 7-8 June 2018 at the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
The intersessional meetings provided an opportunity for states to report on the recent progress they have made to implement the Mine Ban Treaty and the Maputo Action Plan (MAP). The meetings also provided a platform for informal discussion on challenges, plans and requirements for assistance and cooperation to achieve the objectives of the treaty.
The meeting was to States Parties, states not party, relevant international organizations and non-governmental organizations.
Every year the ICBL actively participates in these meetings by delivering expert statements, making the voice of mine survivors heard, organizing side events and providing information online and to the media on progress being made towards a mine-free world.
Statements delivered by the ICBL:
- Statement on Compliance
- Statement on Cooperation and Assistance
- Statement on Victim Assistance
- Statement on Universalization
- Response to Panel on Article 5
- Comments on Bosnia and Herzegovina's Extension Request
- Comments on Croatia's Extension Request
- Comments on Cyprus's Extension Request
- Comments on Serbia's Extension Request
- Comments on Sudan's Extension Request
- Comments on the United Kingdom's Extension Request
Click on the following links to download documents related to intersessional meetings:
- Invitation letter
- Intersessional Programme
- Guidance for participants
- Programme of side events
- Administrative information
Additional information can be found on the Mine Ban Treaty's website, click here.