30 June-2 July, Geneva, Switzerland (virtual)
ICBL Delegation at the Fourth Review Conference on a Mine Free World
The Mine Ban Treaty 2020 Intersessional Meetings will take place June 30-2 July. The meetings will be conducted online this year in light of COVID-19 response measures.
The Intersessional Meetings - one of two official Meetings of States Parties this year - are an opportunity for States and civil society partners to assess progress on the Oslo Action Plan, adopted at the November 2019 Fourth Review Conference on a Mine Free World.
You can view a livestream of the meeting here (for those not participating in the meeting).
Click here to see the full Intersessional Meetings programme.
Key areas of discussion this year include:
- Reaffirming committments to 2025 completion targets
- Discussion on Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) reflecting recent casualty trends
- The significant impact of mines of an improvised nature and States' obligation to address these under the Treaty
- Discussion of compliance issues including: delays in Stockpile Destruction and Clearance, and Mines Retained for Training
- Review of States' progress on indicator outlined in Oslo Action Plan
You can see the complete side event programme here.
See our twitter feed featuring news from the meeting.
Extension Requests in Pictures - see our graphic explainers