05 March 2014
The Second Preparatory Meeting for the Third Review Conference, will take place on 10 April 2014, at the WMO building in Geneva, Switzerland.
Put this in to the events section? or meetings? – check the meetings list.
The meeting was to enable states to further prepare the upcoming Third Review Conference, which will be held in Maputo, Mozambique from 23-27 June 2014.
The main topics of discussion:
- Outcome documents of the Review Conference:
– The Maputo Action Plan
– The Maputo Political Declaration
– Post-review conference treaty structures and meetings
- Program of work of the 3rd Review Conference
- Organizational matters
For further details on the above, please see the official Treaty webpage for the meeting
- ICBL Statement on the Future Meeting Program and Implementation Machinery of the Mine Ban Treaty
- ICBL Comments on the Draft Maputo Action Plan
The ICBL challenges all states to come to the Third Review Conference in Maputo with clear and specific commitments to complete their remaining obligations under the treaty within a defined, ambitious deadline and not later than ten years from the Review Conference.
Find out more about the Completion Challenge here